Things To Do At Best Western Fort Myers Inn & Suites
Have you ever. . .dreamed of being on a tropical island, your toes in the soft white sand, an expansive beach, swaying coconut palms, lush tropical foliage and beautiful crystal blue water. Imagine watching the pelicans and herons fish for their dinner, collecting "treasures from the sea," pastel colored seashells, while the sandpipers scurry along the surfs edge. more..
You've come to the right city. Fort Myers - Florida a city belongs to beautiful Beaches which has everything one could wish for...excellent restaurants, accommodations, golfing, tennis, fishing, boating, shopping, bike paths, canoes, theatrical productions, the renowned J.N. "Ding Darling" National Wildlife Refuge & Bird Sanctuary.
No matter where your interests lie, there are many activities to choose from within the Fort Myers area of Florida, and the Best Western Fort Myers Inn & Suites puts you in the center of it all. As you can see, there is no reason to shop any further.
Come stay at the Best Western Fort Myers Inn & Suites today. Our neighborhood is overflowing with many attractions. We can help make your decision-making a little easier by listing our top things to do in the Fort Myers, Florida area.
Below is a list of our favorites.
Edison & Ford Winter Estates:
Step back in time by visiting Thomas Edison and Henry Ford's winter estates, the nation's 9th most visited historic home. You can take an extended guided tour of the homes, museum, laboratory and gardens. Botanical tours are available by special request.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 9:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Closed Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day.
Fort Myers Historical Museum
The Fort Myers Historical Museum is housed in the former Atlantic Coastline Railroad depot on Peck Street in downtown Fort Myers. Here you will find information on early settlers of Southwest Florida including the Calusa, Paleo and Seminole Indians and an extensive artifacts collection. Exhibits include a private Pullman rail car and an authentic replica of a pioneer "cracker" house. Browse the exhibits at your own pace, or take part in a group tour.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday 10am-5pm
Sun from noon until 4pm
Imaginarium Hands-On Museum
If you are looking for a place to interact with the kids, the Imaginarium offers fun for the whole family. Located just off Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd this science museum features more than 60 interactive exhibits. These fun and educational exhibits allow children to learn obout the environment, weather physics and other topics. Attractions include animals, aquariums displaying marine life, a touch pool, hurricane simulator, puppet theatre and interactive areas for preschoolers.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 10am-5pm
Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium
The Calusa Nature Center has a museum, nature trails, aviary and planetarium. Visit the museum to learn more about Southwest Florida's natural history.
There are daily programs which include educational talks about indigious animals including snakes, alligators, birds and butterflies. Visitors are able to get up
close and personal to some of these creatures. Learn all about constellations, planets, star clusters and galaxies in the planetarium. Calusa's 105 acre site has plenty
of picnic areas in the grounds.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 9am-5pm
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach is a town located on Estero Island in Lee County, Florida, United States. It is part of the Cape Coral–Fort Myers Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Sanibel Island is beloved for its beautiful white-sand beaches, an abundance of seashells and the huge variety of wildlife that calls this Gulf coast island home.
For those who like entertainment and adventure, as well as dining, shopping and more, Sanibel has it all. Live theater, arts classes, music festivals and performances, craft fairs, art exhibits - these are just a few of the choices you'll have.
Long a vacation haven for families as well as romantics, Sanibel Island offers the slow pace of island life with just enough fabulous amenities to make it unparalleled. Accommodations range from condos to resorts and homes to small inns & cottages. Visitors and residents alike, choose whether to spend their days enjoying the beaches, biking along protected paths, observing birds and wildlife in refuges (and right at home!), attending cultural events or enjoying fabulous fresh seafood at one of the many island restaurants.
Sanibel Island is located on Florida's southwest coast, just 45 minutes from Southwest Florida International Airport in Ft. Myers. The island is a 2-3 hour drive from Tampa International and Ft. Lauderdale. Miami and Orlando are 4 hours away.
Captiva Island, to the north of Sanibel, is one of the most exclusive islands in North America, yet retains a casual ambiance. So narrow in spots you can see both the Gulf and Bay, tiny Captiva retains its small-town feel, even amidst enormous wealth and a few world-famous residents.
Captiva’s village is a quaint mix of restaurants, shops, homes and condos. The heart of Captiva, the village is lively, the place to see and be seen. Beyond the village, and comprising the two miles of Captiva's northern end, is the large, luxurious and exclusive South Seas Island Resort, a full-service resort.
Captiva Island beaches all face west and offer incredible sunset views. Visitors and locals alike congregate for the nightly event. Like Sanibel, watersports are almost limitless. While nighttime entertainment can mean driving to Sanibel for live theater or special concerts, there’s lots of live music at the island's restaurants, bistros and lounges.
Captiva is located on Florida's southwest coast, just one hour from Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) in Ft. Myers. The island is a 3 hour drive from Tampa International and Ft. Lauderdale. Miami and Orlando are 4 hours away. For driving directions, see Getting Here.
Cleveland Clinic Florida, 6101 Pine Ridge Road, (239) 348-4000. The only hospital in Naples with all private rooms. Specializes in orthopedic surgery, general surgery, plastic surgery, colorectal, urology, neurology and cardiac care. Doctors and nurses subscribe to the "Healing Hospitality" program, in which a patient's comfort and emotional well-being is an integral part of the healing process.
- 5 mile(s) from convenience store
- 1.5 mile(s) from Edison Mall
- 6 mile(s) from Bell Towers, specialty shopping
- 16 mile(s) from Miromar Outlet Shops
- 5 mile(s) from General Electric, corporate office
- 5 mile(s) from Lynx/PPG, corporate office
- 2 mile(s) from Chico's World Headquarters, world headquarters, women's fashion clothing
- 5 mile(s) from AT&T, corporate office
- 6 mile(s) from Coca Cola Plant, distribution plant
- 10 mile(s) from Garten, corporate office
- 1 mile(s) from driving range
- 1 mile(s) from The Preserve, hiking
- 2 mile(s) from jogging track
- 3 mile(s) from bicycling
- 3 mile(s) from Gold's Gym, universal gym, weightlifting
- 4 mile(s) from bowling
- 4 mile(s) from Fiddlesticks Country Club, & Golf Course
- 5 mile(s) from billiards/snooker
- 5 mile(s) from Old Hickory Golf & Country Club
- 5 mile(s) from Lee County Sports Complex, winter home of Minnesota Twins
- 6 mile(s) from Hammond Stadium, winter home of Boston Red Sox
- 10 mile(s) from Forest Golf Club, 18 hole championship course
- 13 mile(s) from volleyball
- 13 mile(s) from fishing
- 13 mile(s) from jet skiing, sailing, boating, scuba diving, snorkling, surfing,water skiing
- 13 mile(s) from children's activities
- 13 mile(s) from Stoneybrook Golf Club
- 13 mile(s) from Shellpoint Golf Club, 18 hole championship course
- 16 mile(s) from Germain Arena
- 3 mile(s) from Greyhound Bus Terminal
- 4 mile(s) from Page Field, private planes
- 6 mile(s) from Southwest Florida International Airport
- 12 mile(s) Fort Myers International airport
- 100 mile(s) from Miami International Airport
- 10 mile(s) from Cape Coral
- 15 mile(s) from Sanibel Island
- 24 mile(s) from Naples
- 64 mile(s) from Venice
- 103 mile(s) from Bradenton
- 149 mile(s) from Tampa
- 16 mile(s) from Ft Myers Beach
- 24 mile(s) from Captiva Island
- 29 mile(s) from Marco Island
- 101 mile(s) from Miami
- 140 mile(s) from Sarasota